Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Here comes the long-lost food review! Has been keeping the pictures for quite some time, so if you find my review a bit vague, it means I can't really remember how it taste like :)
Breeks @ Taka, saw the drink on the left? It's officially my favourite drink with a very nice name, Ocean. Taste so milky, so sweet, so hazelnut, so...I like~~ By the way ar, if your want to go Breeks, either go to the Taka's or Marina Square's outlet. The one at Harbourfront have very bad service!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one's at Pacific Cafe Co. (can't really remember the name) located at Vivocity. Ambience is very good, especially at night. A nice place to just slack around & chat with your friends.


Foodwise, I personally feel that the coffee & food ain't that good, but still acceptable. It's just nothing special, very normal tasting with no surprises.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another restaurant at Vivocity, Hong Kong Kim Gary. This place is value for money! I'll tell you why...

Famous Hong Kong Ice Milk Tea @ only $1.50! Freaking cheap!

Toast with peanut butter spread & condensed milk - $2 nia! Cheap man!

Toasted bread with ham & cheese, $2.80. Cheap! All the drinks & food taste great, except for this ham & cheese thing. Ambience good, food damn cheap but of quality, service is great. Got such good thing not you tell me? Lolx.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strawberry ice from Xin Wang HK Cafe. Eat until sian ar I tell you, the ice is almost as high as Bukit Timah Hill. Stuff plain ice, strawberry syrup & ar-tar-jip into your mouth & it's just how this thing taste like.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now, the stalls that I want to introduce are super retro. This ham ji pang stall, located at a hawker in Margaret Drive, is causing a ham ji pang craze in me. The stall is run by an old couple & the ham ji pang they made is really, really nice!

Beautiful ham ji pang.

Just look at the filling.

This is a very popular chicken rice stall, also located at the same hawker as the ham ji pang stall. Many certificates & newpapers/magazines cutting pasted in front of their stall.

I have very high expectation on what I eat (thanks to my mum for cooking so much nice food for the family). As a Hainanese, I have even higher expectation on Hainanese Chicken Rice. Seldom will I eat it outside cos most doesn't taste good, but this stall is really superb. The chicken's tender & the rice is not hard yet not too soft, it have a very rich flavour. Nice!
Labels: Only Know How To Eat :)

