Friday, February 02, 2007
Wanted to blog about my uncle's wedding a long time ago, as a memory for myself so that I can read it years later, but alas, only have the time to do so now...So, on 30th December 2006, the big day itself, we woke up quite early to go down to my grandparent's place at CCK for the tea ceremony, taking pictures, bla bla. Everyone was there, all dressed up and in a very happy mood. The adults are busy preparing the traditional stuff while my cousins and I were busy watching Doremon when the bride & groom's car came.

The house became noisier than you were to be in Chinatown during pre-CNY. It took quite some time for the bride & groom to open the car door. So, the aunties in the family started to make commotion saying "Eh they waiting for a boy to open the car door is it?", then another said "No lah! Only the bride's side need ma. We no need.", "Really notz?! Then why still inside?", "Now what sia?" (this one I say one, cos got sia, haha). It was then we saw the photographer & cameraman walking towards the car, with the couple slowly opening their door. Back in the family, everyone immediately said "Chey!".
The couple came to the house with their group of jie meis & xiong di. Started the tea ceremony. Cousins & I have to serve tea to the bride & groom.
After all the traditional activities & buffet, all went down to the carpark to "catch the flower" thrown by the bride. My eldest cousin is the lucky woman to catch the flower.

After that, the couple & gang went back to the bride's house while the rest of the family went to prepare for the wedding night. Prepare as in all the women in the family went to have their hair done (all got book stylist k, even my Mum & aunts, lol) while the guys slack & drink their kopi.
As usual, I went to Heatwave & had my hair done. As I'm about to leave Marina Square for Meritus Mandarin (where the wedding dinner is held), I saw a striking familiar backview. It's LJJ. Not that local singer LJJ but my friend LJJ. He's wearing a black suit & I wonder why. Went up to him & we realised both of us are attending a wedding dinner later at night. Coincidently, his sister is getting married that day too. We didn't bring our camera along but managed to take a few shots with our hp camera.

Fast forward to the wedding dinner...my brother & I were the receptionists (I am in-charge of playing the montage too) for the groom's side, another cousin is the chaperon (super slack) while the two female cousins are the emcees of the night.

Only managed to take the picture for the first dish. The food was good.

The bride & groom.

This two zar bors are my cousins aka the emcees.

Oh ya, forgot to get the photo of the photographer & cameraman from my cousin. They are very funny people, especially the cameraman, he kept taking video of me eating the cocktail while doing reception. Eat while serving the guests cannot meh, hungry ma, lol. For the whole day, we called the cameraman Lee Xiao Long cos he look like Bruce Lee.
Everything was great on the big day except that great-grandma wasn't feeling well in the middle of the dinner. Big aunty & maid have to accompany her back to the bride & groom's hotel suite. But all in all, the whole day was a tiring but fulfill one.
Labels: It's My Life~

