Thursday, March 15, 2007

A good way to pamper yourself is by going to Giraffe. Went there with friends a few days ago & I totally fell in love with that place. Giraffe is a two-storey glasshouse, located in the middle of Istana Park (opposite Plaza Singapura).


The ambience there is excellent, with it situating in town but away from the bustling crowds, while greenery & water surrounds the place. The moment you enter the building, you won’t feel like you’re in Singapore.


Not to mention, they have great service too, which made our night an unforgettable one. I believe they underwent high quality standard training. Somehow, they managed to read our minds & served us the right thing at the right time. You will feel very welcome by their smile.


When serving the food, they first assemble a mini table beside yours, put the dishes onto the mini table, serve it to you one by one, disassemble the mini table & then retreat. Their action was very fast, the whole process was done within 8 seconds & zoom, they are gone. I wanted to ask for an extra plate, only to realize they are gone when I turned my head. But one of them brought the plate soon after without me asking. I told you they can read our minds!



As for the food, sad to say it’s rated quite average. The steak ($26++) is tough & leaves a bad after-chewing feeling in your mouth. The spicy spaghetti ($14++) is quite bland while the Thai chicken sticks with peanut paste ($8.90++) taste dull. We had the Lava Choc Cake ($9++) for dessert. All food were served in XXL sized plate.


Non-alcoholic drinks cost between $4.90 & $7.90++ while alcoholic drinks cost between $12.90 (cocktails) & $80++ (bottle wine). They provide free appetizer (think so, didn’t check the receipt properly), tomato bread, which doesn’t attract me too much.


In any case, I’ll still go back to Giraffe for its ambience & service because just based on these two is enough to make the visit worthwhile. They have a different menu for lunch & dinner; maybe I should try the lunch menu or just have a dessert & drink to chill out the next time. It is also recommended to make a reservation with them, especially during weekends. Almost all the tables have a reserved sign on them the night we came, luckily we reserved too. Kudos to their ambience & service :)

Labels: