Saturday, September 29, 2007
One of the projects I was involved for work has finally ended, with a successful media conference marking the end of our hardship. My role for the project was a minor one compared to others, but nevertheless, seeing your name on the book was a great feeling (even if the font is small). Haha!

I'm No. 13!
To celebrate, I went out for dinner with No.12 last Friday after work (well, actually we just want to eat lah, lol). Wanted to try Miss Clarity Cafe (at Purvis Street) initially since it was located just across the street from our workplace. But, the queue was horrible & so I suggested another place nearby because we are going to faint due to hunger anytime soon.

With it, we dined at Yat Con, or famously known as Yi Qun. Apparently, most old folks know about this place as my parents went into a state of envy when I told them I ate there & they decided to go there as well the next day before watching 881, lol.
Yat Con is a Hainanese eating place with a long history & you will feel as if you were transported back to the 60s. No fear of hot weather as the place is air-conditioned. Many people frequent the place & it will always be packed during lunch & dinner time.
They are famous for their Chicken Rice & after eating it, I know why it is so well-known to all. It's really very nice! The tender chicken literally melts in your mouth, the rice is superb & the soup taste great, not too salty but doesn't miss the taste as well. It's so nice that I ate 2 bowls of rice which is very rare lah. Best still, it cost only $10 for the two of us, cheap cheap.
-
They have zhu chao & steamboat as well, which, I tried the latter the next day with another group of friends because again, Miss Clarity Cafe was freaking packed. After eating the not-so-great-steamboat, I think it's better to stick with eating chicken rice there. Oh, their Teh Bing is nice too.
Labels: Only Know How To Eat :)