Monday, December 24, 2007

Met up with my kindergarten friend (yes, kindergarten, but we were in the same primary school as well lah) for dinner at Vivocity. He requested for non-Western food, so we ended up in Crystal Jade Dining IN (#01-112).



The place looks very high class, but we were possessed at that time as we went in without looking at the menu. As we were led into the restaurant, the service crew asked how should she address me & my OS is "Oh shit..." (cos it means the food will be expensive ma).




Indeed, the food is damn ex lah, still got shark fins going for $200++, siao. Service is good though, they never fail to make sure that there's tea in your cup.



Anyway, here's what we ate...



Fried noodles with pork & mushroom ($16++). Looks like a dish which you can get from some tze char store but it really taste good.




This is beef with mushroom ($18++), which is not nice. By the way, they charge $2.40++ for the tea & $3++ for the pickles which we did not touch at all.

As you can see, we just ordered the cheaper dishes available in the menu. Eh..we still need to have some money for dessert somewhere else afterwards k. Wait till I become a tai tai before I order the other more expensive dishes there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried the Wow! Noodles @ AMK Hub (#B1-22), which is supposed to be some express Hong Kong cafe. And yes, we decided to dine there because of it's funny name, lol.



They have set meals which is definitely more worth it.



The Char Siew Noodle Meal cost $5.80 that includes a drink as well. Al said it's very nice.


I had their Chicken Chop Fried Rice meal ($6.80) which is a bad choice, had a hard time trying to finish it despite being very hungry at that time. Added $1 for their Sago Cream With Mango Jucie (Yang Zhi Gan Lu).

Ya I don't really like mango but everyone is saying Yang Zhi Gan Lu is nice, so I ordered one to share with Al. But at a price of $1, I don't have much expectation lah, taste very normal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loves Latte Art :)

From Gloria Jeans' Cafe...



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Wang Jiao is something like Ya Kun, sell toasts, half-boiled eggs tea/kopi. Tried their outlet over at Harbourfront Centre.


If I'm not wrong, this set cost me $3.90. Toasts & tea are ok, but the eggs are not warm at all, which made it kind of yucky.

Labels: