Saturday, December 15, 2007
S & I were cracking our heads deciding where we should have our dinner since there are so many choices in the City Hall area (think Suntec, Marina Square, Millenia Walk, Citylink & Raffles City!) when we were attracted to a brightly lit restaurant in Citylink.

This is the cute & chirpy menu of Shokudo, which sell Japanese-Western fusion food, mainly pasta & ultra-thin pizza. Apparently, they took over the location where Raku Ninja used to be & we were quite shock that Raku Ninja actually closed down as they seem to be doing quite well.

Shokudo is a cosy place with great ambience, nice interior design & superb service. Having eating in so many places, Shokudo is actually the first restaurant that was able to make me so happy. We were literally laughing as we made our way out lah.

As you enter, one person will shout something in Japanese which means welcome. This is when the fun comes cos the next person will shout the same thing, followed by another, then another, then another, all the way till you reach your seats. Super fun! Same thing goes when you are leaving.
I know there are other restaurants that do that too but they do it altogether, & most are not really sincere when they do that. In Shokudo, you can feel their sincerity & passion in serving. We started having mean thoughts of walking in & out serveral times just to hear them shout, haha!
Anyway, back to the food...

S had Basil Chicken Spaghetti ($13.80++), which was a bit sour while the chicken is a tad too dry. But it was nice in general.

I had their Cream Based Spaghetti with Chicken Balls ($12.80++) & I really love it that the sauce is very creamy. Especially love the chicken balls. Nice!
Just for their service alone, it'd be worthwhile to go back & try out the other food & desserts in their menu. Do give it a try when you are nearby.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's so much hoo-ha about the Azabu Sabo's ice-cream from Hokkaido that it was in my list of Eating-Places-Which-ChiaHui-Would-Love-To-Go-To-And-Even-Better-If-It's-Free (yes, it's the mysterious list again, lol).

Went with S to their Marina Square outlet specially to try out their dessert & it was really lucky that we don't have to queue on a weekend night. Queues started forming only after we settled down, heng ar~~

S had something new in their dessert menu, which was Caramel Cookie Milkshake ($7.80++). Not too bad, not too bad, just that the Cookies & Cream milkshake from Billy Bombers taste better.
I ordered their Hot-balls with Brown Sugar ($7.80++), which have red beans & sweet potatoes (all the way from Japan) underneathe. The red beans is superb & sweet, bu kui shi from Japan one. Dai suki! On the whole, people with a sweet tooth (like me) will love this dessert.
Hope to try their other desserts some other days.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been more than a year since I last went to Yishun, the last time being the day I have to go back to YJ just to take my A' levels certificate. It felt really nice going back again when I met up with Al whom live in Yishun to hunt for the Ramly burgers that was introduced in a flog.
Located at Blk 731, Yishun Street 72, #01-27 (sounds ulu, I know), Ole Bubble Cafe is actually a small neighbourhood shop that sells bubble tea as well.

For $2.50, you get the Ramly burger with either egg or cheese. For both, it cost $3. Super cheap. The burger was served steaming hot to us & I guess the picture tells it all...nice burger, nice patty, nice sauce, nice price. Only ambience not that nice :)
Labels: Only Know How To Eat :)