Tuesday, May 06, 2008
I've found a healthier substitute to my coffee dose!It's located at the new basement wing of Raffles City. OChaCha is the Japanese version of Starbucks, selling different variety of authentic green tea. Price range is about the same as Starbucks. Loving it :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My maternal family is one big group of food lovers, whereby every single one of them will do anything for food. So can't blame me for being such a glutton, blame them!
One fine day (can't remember when already cos this is another long overdue post), Big Aunt enthusiastically took us to Gone Fishing, a cosy cafe located at Chu Lin Road (near Chua Chu Kang). She knew about this place from some TV food show & very much wanted to try it out.

Neh, this is the very happy Big Aunt trying to 抢镜头 cos she finally get to try out this place.

Gone Fishing is the type of place which is suitable to relax yourself with a cuppa in the day as they are located at a very ulu place. Quite surprisingly, I felt really comfortable there as I've been to places with similar concept such as Dempsey Hill & Mount Faber, but, only Gone Fishing managed to make me feel relax.

Only managed to take down 2 pictures of the food because we were really hungry. This is the Prata Wrap with sausages & cheese inside. Nothing special but nice.

This is their speciality drink, Almoncino. I don't like this at all but people who loves almond will definetely fall in love with this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People who watched Channel 8's 抢摊行动 will definitely find this Missy Muffin familiar because this is one of the stalls that they "rescued".

My parents only managed to buy the muffins ($1 for 1) there on the 3rd time. Was with them the 1st time & the queue was horrible, horrible. We were told that we've to wait 2 hours as there are just too many orders. 2nd time worse, sold out. When they finally bought it, I just can't wait to sink my teeth in it.
Ok-ok only leh, a tad too dry. By the way my parents made friend with the lady chef on the 2nd time they went to buy. Siao bo! She was slacking with another lady who sells dessert (famous one also) then my parents went to chit-chat with them -_- Everytime buy things want to friend friend people one leh, disturb sia.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, move away Missy Muffin, move away Chocolat' N Spice (the famous muffin shop at Tanjong Pagar). Let me show you what I think as the best muffin in Singapore!
Otis Spunkmeyer!
Buy it from 7-Eleven ($1.30), no joke! Sounds weird that you can get such nice muffin from a convinience store but really, give it a try. I'm having it as breakfast on a weekly basis.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beef meatball pasta ($8.80) was eaten by S. I didn't eat ar! Still a temporary vegetarian k.
I had Tri-Shrooms ($9.60) from Pastamania's vegetarina menu. Quite good.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Went to N.Y.D.C. at Wheelock Place specially for their cakes.
I had their Elmer Fudge aka Ugly Cake ($5.95++) & stole some Goldmine Cheesecake ($6.95++) from S. Both cakes taste great but their service sucks to the max. Enough said, I'm not going back to their outlet at Wheelock.
Labels: Only Know How To Eat :)

