Sunday, June 01, 2008
Oh yeah, after so much persuasion, I finally went to Manhattan Fish Market (The Central, #02-79/90) with the usual primary school gang to visit our fellow gang member, Hao, whom works there.They do not accept reservation. So when we reached the place, there was a snaking queue. But no fear! Hao let us cut the queue & even while waiting, we were served drinks FOC, wahaha, we VIP ma.
And I realised all the staff there really called him "Hao-ge".
I had the usual fries & coleslaw as I'm still in the vegetarian period at that time. Drinks were complimentary from Hao.
The rest had...of course, the Manhattan Fish & Chips.
The brownie with ice-cream was also complimentary from Hao ^^
I don't know how much does all these cost exactly as Hao gave us a staff discount on top of all the complimentary stuff. Shoik, haha.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mum loves the chendol ($5.90++, after member discount is $5.31++) from Thai Express. But apparently, she finds the one at Vivocity outlet much better than the one at Citylink.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following S, Thom & [S.L.A.C.K] girls, I bought Hao to Max Brenner @ Esplanade to further explore their very tempting menu filled with chocolate goodies.
Hao had this alcoholic drink ($13.90++) which is a mixed of white chocolate, alcohol & fruit juices called something which starts with B-h-a (aiya, can't remember liao, it's a very long name). But it's very nice.
I had Venezula Milk Chocolate again as I'm too full to try their desserts. As usual, the drink never fail to satisfy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Mee Goreng ($4) was bought from a zse char stall opposite my house that my Bro & I have been supporting for the past 10 years. Yep, 10 years.
Although their service sucks, we can't help it but to buy it from them whenever we are hungry in the night because it tasted too good to give it a pass.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always very hard to get a seat in Cafe Iguana @ Clarke Quay after 9pm. So the primary school gang got very excited when we managed to get ourselves seats.
This is the potrait of their "ambassador" & it's a she! We were debating whether this person is a he or she, so we asked the waiter.
We were told she was a real person & was an artist. Oh my god, it's a she...what's with the moustache?! And her eyebrows are sticking too close to each other lah.
The complimentary Nachos with dip. Sorry that all the pictures ain't clear, the place is too dark.
We were determined to get each other drunk, so we ordered a jug of Strawberry Magaritas with strong alcoholic content before their happy hour which cost $66++ (can serve 6 people, so just nice for the 6 of us).
All drinks have a 50% discount during happy hour, so we waited till 12am for the happy hour & had another jug of Peach Magaritas ($33++).
Do you know? It's easier to get drunk when you drink from a straw.
And yeah...I had slight hangover the next day.
Labels: Only Know How To Eat :)

