Thursday, December 25, 2008



Bintan was the destination I went after exams for a well deserved break, with equally sun-loving Mz & bikini-loving JJ.




Leaving for the ferry at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.




Inside the ferry.




Reached Bintan!




Bus journey to Bintan Lagoon Resort.




The resort housed a very scary Santa.




Welcome drink.




We got the newly renovated room, complete with comfy beds & plasma TV. Damn shoik. And yes, we were watching Little Nyonya, that's Chor-Chor on TV.








Weather wasn't too good on the first day we arrived, so no beach for us. We explored the whole resort (which was freaking BIG) instead.




All the food in the resort were really expensive to the extent of daylight robbery. For dinner, we ended up choosing the cheapest restaurant we can find.




Went back to our room for a short rest before we proceed to Silk, a bar with live band within the resort.




Drinking at Silk - last activity for the day.






Had the complimentary breakfast buffet the next morning. It was good, with a huge range of selections.




We couldn't finish the donuts, so JJ threw it to the fishes whom fought hard to have a bite. I think the staff forgot to feed them lah.




Went to the beach after breakfast. Sadly, the sun was blocked by the clouds. The beach was clean & beautiful though, with clear water & white sand.








Happy people, even without the sun.




JJ always like to do dangerous stunt.




Machiam caveman.




Tragedy happened though (no lah, JJ didn't fall into the sea).

We took a shortcut by walking through the sea from the rocks back to the sands. While walking, I slipped on a rock & fell loh. Was holding my new camera which I love so much, so it went into the water with me. Heart pain sia, that damn shortcut cost me $620. It was beyond repair, so I bought another camera of similar model. Am officially broke now~




Ok so my beloved camera died but I'm not going to let this affect my holiday mood. I simply forgot about this incident & continued with our fun-filled activities, lucky I brought another camera with me.






We played Laser Quest which was freaking fun!




Went to Pasar Oleh Oleh, the only shopping area in Bintan Resorts. But this is more like a tourist trap lah, the things ain't exactly cheap either.




Polo Shop everywhere. It's original but cheaper.




We da-pao food from Pasar Oleh Oleh back to our room because it was really cheap, delicious as well.




Played Poker complete with punishment (drink lots of water) at night. Heng I'm the big winner.




JJ brought a whole bottle of Vodka while Mz & I brought tibits from Singapore. So we started our adult activity (poker + drinking lah) when the night falls deeper. We started playing big & punishment was to drink pure Vodka. Everyone was drunk eventually, enough said.

To be continued...

Labels: