Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last Saturday, I embarked on a food trail with Hao.

Our first stop was Tong Ah Coffeeshop at Keong Siak Road for their Crispy Kaya Toast Set ($2.50). It was magical, with everything right, making a good start for us.
Best in Singapore!
Next up, we went to the opposite lane & decided on 25 Degree Celsius, which comprised of a cafe & bookshop that only sell cookbooks.

Coffee Pudding ($5.65) was what we had. I don't like this, but neither do I hate it.
I wanted to bring Hao to the Xiao Long Bao shop (which was nearby) but it wasn't open for business yet. So we walked around, ending up at Ang Siang Road & Club Street.

Jerry's was our choosen stop & ordered Buffalo Wings ($15.25), which received quite a few positive reviews on a food forum. But erm, I begged to differ. I had much better buffalo wings at Timbre @ Old School.
Oh, we saw Christopher Lee while dining here as well. He's eating alone, reading his script. And no, I don't meant to spy on him.

After the lousy wings, we walked all the way to Bugis to run some errands. Since we were around the vicinity, I must, of course, introduce Hao to my all-time favourite ice-cream shop, Tom's Palette at Shaw Tower.
We had a medium cup ($3.40) of Peanut Butter & Salted Caramel Cheesecake (my favourite flavour). It was oh-so-good~, as usual.
Went to the IT fair at Suntec City after that, because Hao wanted to buy a keyboard. The crowd was horrible & I realised my symptoms of crowd allergy are getting from bad to worse. Yikes.

Hao couldn't get what he want, so we quickly escaped to Paulaner Brauhaus German Microbrewery Bar (what a mouthful) at Millenia Walk.
Shared a tall glass of beer & potato wedges with curry sauce. The latter was so SALTY that I felt my kidneys were failing me. Total bill was $30.60.

We, or rather, Hao, (I swear!) wanted to go to Timbre @ Substation for more alcohol. Kinda lose our way while walking towards Armenian Street where Timbre was located, but we saw something interesting.
An escalator up a tiny hill, anybody?
We finally found it!
Full-house as expected, but we were lucky to secure seats without waiting despite we came quite late. The queue was snaking afterwards.
I was quite reserved about their service initially as I heard a lot about their bad service. But we were lucky not to encounter any that night.

We shared a glass of Seabreeze & a jug of Strawberry Margarita (equals to seven glasses) that came up to $64.80, the alcohol content of the latter was very strong. To make things better, the band for the night was splendid.
Hao forked out most of the money we spent that day, and we concluded the food trail with us being a little drunk, ha.
Labels: Only Know How To Eat :)

