Sunday, September 06, 2009
So I went over to Macau during my short break from school.This was my very first official backpacking trip, without the help of any travel agency as well. We booked everything online & managed to save a good sum of money.
Taking public buses were our main form of transport. Cheap cheap.
I had fever before the trip (which was, yes, during my exams) & it came back hunting me throughout my stay in Macau.
Senado Square.
They have A LOT of casino & it's quite scary how people gamble there. We visted 6 to 7 casino & did play a little, only to end up losing.
See? Even Hard Rock Hotel has a casino within.
Ruins of St. Pauls is the must-see tourist spot in Macau. At first I thought it's just a stupid piece of wall. But it's amazing to see it real life, really magnificent. And there's something more to just that piece of wall actually.
We visited their wet market as well to see how the locals buy their stuff. Their markets rox lah...fully air-conditioned, very organised & big.
Bought Portugese Egg Tarts & Pork Chop Bun from the shop where the Korean F4 bought from in the drama serial.
Took free shuttle bus near our hotel to The Venetian as well.
It's really a very nice place.
After which, we hopped onto another free shuttle bus to the latest addition to Macau, City of Dreams.
Oh, we found Macau quite boring & decided to take a 55 minutes ferry to Hong Kong. Damn random. But that's the best thing about backpacking.
You know you are in Hong Kong when you see these scenes. Finally back to this country again after 12 years.
Hong Kongers are still living a fast-paced life, which was quite sad actually. Everyone looked so nervous & seem to be in a hurry.
We went for some shopping at Mong Kok & managed to eat desserts from this very famous stall which I have long heard of.
And to Avenue of Stars!
Super sunny that day. Almost died of heatstroke.
On the ferry back to Macau, we witnessed the sunset.

The food we ate there. I didn't eat much, purely because of poor appetite no thanks to the fever. Enjoyed the trip though, cheers to backpacking.
Labels: Travel? I Love~

